Friday, November 20, 2009

The Buzz

Birds are chirping. Maybe, not literally, but I can hear them. I woke up this morning, a little too early seeings as I'm very eager to get home. Packing my bags is weird at this point but I like the feeling. Last night was a good way to end it. I went to see Courtney dance (holy moley she is awesome) and then went to watch Star Trek with DeSean, Sarah, Michael and Eric. That movie is fantastic (though somebody scratched it before I even got the chance to watch it new! cough cough! grrr!). But I realized as excited as I am to get back home and see the friends I have been dying to see for so long, I know by next week, I'm going to miss all the people I live with here. Funny how that happens. I officially have two homes.
A lot of things have happened in the past six weeks. Too much to write about every little laugh or funny sign that's posted around campus (like the "ninja turtle's hiring" sign on the manhole haha or the "every time you smoke crack god kills a kitten" sign) that kinda stuff happens all too often to write each one. But there are so many things that have stuck out for me. One: I will always have a very broad range of friends. Ya know how you watch teen t.v shows and they are always culturally diverse (as to be politically correct) and everyone laughs cuz we see this over and over again on t.v shows and in textbooks throughout school. But the truth is, for the most part I have the cliche "culturally diverse" group of friends. It makes me laugh. Two: The words "Paris Gellar craft corner" has a whole new meaning for me. Like when I watch Gilmore Girls, it's so funny seeing Paris with her crafts for when she is stressed. Never thought I would see that outside Gilmore Girl world. Oh but I have. I don't understand it, but I can say that I'm officially high off of wood paints. And three: Most people don't get into games (football, basketball etc.) as my family and I do. I went to the basketball game on Tuesday, and I'm pretty sure I was being judged by my friends. I really do believe that games are won by the power of screams. End of story.
Anyhow, I gotta get going, my stomach is growling and I gotta finish up before I get to head home :). To my friends and fam back home, I'll be there soon. And to my friends here at my temp. home, I will see you all soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.