
James Cameron's Avatar:
A few of us went to the midnight premiere of Avatar last night. Before actually seeing it, I had heard a lot about it. In my film classes I had learned about how James Cameron was spending an arm and a leg on this movie and how he had developed new technology in order to make this movie. From that aspect, I wanted to see it. Looking at the trailers it just looked eh. But as it got closer and closer I was getting more stoked to see it. When I found out Some friends were gonna see it at midnight, I was like yep I'm going.
We ended up seeing it in 3D XD which is just as fancy as it sounds. The screen was one of the biggest I have ever seen in my life without it being IMAX. Plus Rio had totally re-done the theater and the seats were all rocky and leather. It was amazing. And normally I think 3D is a waste (we all saw up at midnight in 3D and the effect didn't make it that much better) but seeing Avatar in 3D was SOOO cool! Like with the size of the screen and the 3D effect, I felt like I was in the movie. Visually, it was epic. I have never seen such a colorful film that just made me feel the colors on the screen. And by half way through the movie, I was kinda emotionally attached to the characters. The plot had its political messages worked in but hey, what movies don't anymore. But needless to say it was a terrific movie and I would see it again for sure. Plus I'd have to say that I had a very good time, it may be one of my favorite premieres we've been to. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.