Friday, January 1, 2010

2010...So Weird


January 1, 2010
So weird to actually type that out. I'd have to say that 2009 was one of the fullest years of my life. It's so cliche to look back on all that now, but I can't help it. I remember counting down to 2009. We were all in Paige's basement, watching Miley Cyrus sing on Dick Clark's Rockin New Years yatta yatta, playing pool, and taking tons of pictures. Needless to say, at that moment in time, I didn't realize that the next year was going to be so eventful. We graduated, spent a summer together traveling to Colorado and Arizona, hanging out after we all got done with work, packed up our bags and memories and moved to different places. We've all changed in some sense, but I'd say that it's all for the better. We've had friends and guys come in and out of our lives, making little footprints as they left, and then we've had our solid twelve. Last night in order to ring in the New Years, we were gonna throw a party for a bunch of people. Around 30 people ended up showing up around 9:30/10 but they all took off around 11. It was kinda a bummer at the time that everybody had left before the ball dropped, but as the clock on the t.v starting clicking away...11:57....11:58...it was becoming more and more apparent that I really wouldn't have had it any other way. In the words of Maggie, "Guys I know we wanted to have a big party, but I think that it ended up just how it should be, with just us..." and that couldn't be anymore true. There were people I wanted to see, and places I wanted to go, but when it all came down to it, I was with my closest friends in the entire world, and that's the best way to start a new year. And if I have it my way, that's how I'll be ringing in the new year for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.