
This weekend had boring written all over it. A bunch of my friends were either going home for the weekend or going on some retreat or another. Unfortunately that left me here to twiddle my thumbs. On Friday I had to go see this play reading (and trust me it was as boring as it sounds) which I would have skipped if it hadn't been for a class. It was an Obama loving gay pride kinda play and if you know me at all, that wasn't the most fun two hours I've ever had. But I got to watch a movie with a friend and of course RUF lunch earlier that day. Oh the big excitement of Friday I would say was that a huge bee flew into my room and got trapped in my blinds and I was too terrified to kill it, so like eight phone calls later I finally got a guy to come kill it for me. Fun times--not.
So in a nutshell Friday=lame.
Today was a little more interesting, more of a get stuff done/reflective Jordan day. I slept in till my body was satisfied with the amount of sleep it had gotten, went to breakfast, and then did some reading. I finished Catching Fire (the second book of the Hunger Games series) and can I just tell you that I love those books but the endings never fail to SUCK. The whole book is awesome and a nail biter and then it just ends...no warning but the fact that the stack of pages to flip on the right hand side of the book is getting smaller. So very lame. But after I got done with the book, Tara tweeted that the Deathly Hallows tickets had just been released so I signed on and grabbed a few midnight tickets--that was a highlight of my day. But after the high wore off, I felt like I really needed to get out of my dorm room. My roomie and her boyfriend had been in there all day too and I just needed a little space. So I decided it would be an awesome time to go get my Halloween costume and look for some Harry Potter costume stuff as well. Goodwill is my best friend when it comes to making costumes. My Halloween costume is going to be so legit. Sorry friends, some of you know what I am going to be, and others of you will have to wait for updates later on. But needless to say, I found just what I needed. And as a bonus I found some Harry Potter stuff that would work. Like a Gryffindor tie for two dollars? Heck yes I snatched that up. So I came back to my room and again had nothing to do until dinner. Best time waster of all time and a great fall back? Gossip Girl. Yes, I am almost done with season one and proud to say it. But once dinner rolled around I got that and then went for a walk to the duck pond. I usually don't go up there just because it is in the opposite direction of everything that I go to on campus. But I took the stroll up there and just sat with the ducks and watched the sun set. That was some good Jordan time right there. No one to pester me, soaking in the Vitamin D that I lack, just enjoying God's creation. Now as for the rest of the weekend, I am going to watch football, go to church, and start reading Harry Potter again. We are almost in the one month countdown so here comes Harry Potter fever!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.