Sunday, September 11, 2011

Everyday I'm Shufflin'

This weekend has been action packed and sleep deprived to say the least. Friday was filled with class, RUF lunch, an intense workout at the gym which are all standard for a Friday. But this week I had to go to a synagogue. Now I don't know what I was expecting but Judaism is weird. There was a lot of chanting, kissing of the torah, and a rabbi who showed up ten minutes before service started. I don't know...the whole thing was just bizarre. After that whole thing Jared and I went and got some Caliche's because all things can be made better by a fudge brownie bliss. Then I headed over to campus for a screening of Into the Wild. It was a weird movie as well and I only got to see maybe an hour of it, but it was a lot of fun because I was with some of my best friends and two of my roomies. We were so hyper and it was just a good time all around. After that finished we headed to Michael and Eric's to hang out and we were there pretty dang late. Not to mention that we had to be up at 8:30 on Saturday for a community service project. That too was quite fun. We went and painted a house for a member of the UPC church. My mom would never let me or my sister ever help paint when we were younger so now that people just give me a paint brush and bucket I wanna go crazy. Luckily it was the outside of a house and we could get a little messy...and there were a bunch of college students with paint so of course it got all over us instead of the walls. Who doesn't love a good paint fight? We were there till about one and then me and the boy came back to my place to just chill out since we had been up and running since 8. But my friend Carolyn's birthday is tomorrow and her fiance wanted to throw her a surprise birthday party so I went early to help set up for that. Again it was a ton of fun, we had a bonfire and roasted marshmallows and just chatted. Good times. Unfortunately when we got home around eleven, we had a bit of an issue with our water main getting broken by one of my roomate's friends who ran it over with her car. So once it broke, we didn't have water because it was all pouring out into our driveway. That was a bit of an ordeal and all of us were up super late trying to figure out how to get it fixed as soon as possible. Not having water is terrible. No shower, no brushing your teeth, no going to the bathroom. Bad, bad bad. Thankfully my friend Hannah let me come to her dorm room and utilize the water there. Yay for a shower!
Today was a little less exciting but quite productive. After Hannah let me get ready at her place we went to church which was kinda sad since it's 9/11 it was all about terrorism and such. It's crazy that the attack was ten years ago. I think about people like Todd Beamer who fought back in order to save innocent lives...it's just crazy. So much hate in this world but also so much love. It's an interesting thought. But after that I hung out at the dorms for about half an hour with friends until they went climbing. On days they go climbing I get the chance to be productive and have alone time. I came home, cleaned the house a bit, chatted with my mom, started some laundry and then headed to Starbucks to get some homework done. It's so funny, my roomates are convinced that I don't have homework because I usually do it on campus during my breaks, at home when nobody is here, or go to a quite place like Starbucks to do it. But alas I do have homework. Yay me. I got quite a bit done as I sipped on my Pumpkin Spice Latte (delicious). Then when I came home I did dishes, ate dinner, took about an hour break and then hunkered down to finish my homework. Now I sit here proud that I am done all before 8 o'clock and have the rest of the night to just chill, watch tv or read, and get a good nights sleep before my awful early class tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.