Monday, October 17, 2011

143

I forgot what it was like to fly solo for a bit. I'm not gonna lie, sometimes I think to myself, wow when I was single I didn't have to worry about anything and I could do whatever the heck I wanted because if I didn't talk to anyone for days, it was my deal and it didn't matter. There have been moments where I think about that, but on Saturday I realized just how much I love Miles and that I having him around is better than anything else. Let me explain.
Friday night Miles went home for the weekend, and so me and the buddies decided that we wanted to do a Corn Maze in El Paso. But before we did that, one of my other friends Kayla wanted to make me, Michael, and Eric dinner at her place. She made this crazy good jumbalaya, mashed potatoes and bread that was crazy good. We ate until we were stuffed silly and then met up with a bunch of other friends to caravan to El Paso. As we were about to leave, we realized that we hadn't invited Jenn so we called her up and told her that this was going to be crazy fun and that she needed to come. Ten minutes later she met up with us and we headed off. The maze was HUGE, it looked like a giant Mayan calendar (ridiculous I know) and it took us about an hour to get out of it. There were also like farm animals and such there so we got to hang out and play around. We left there, went back to Kayla's where we ate pie and then headed home to crash out.
Saturday was another study day for the most part. Michael and I went to Starbucks to get some homework done and just hang out. I have to admit I have been getting a lot of quality time with Michael these days. He has been growing so much and it's very cool to see our friendship grow as well from freshman year to now. After about four hours there, I had to run home to get ready for Carolyn and Drew's engagement party. Krista and I drove to El Paso (again) and hit up the party. First off, Carolyn's parents house is gorgeous! They had the place decked out for the party, and there were a lot of people there I knew so it was nice to just hang out with people I haven't seen in a while. My friend Margo got a bit shmammered which was hilarious, everything is funnier with Margo. Plus seeing Drew and Carolyn together getting all hyped up for their wedding was so cute. But I had a ton of people come up to me being like "where is Miles?" and though I was glad he was home with his family I was a bit sad that he wasn't there to party along side me. But the good news about that is he will be my date for the wedding and that will be a zillion times more fun than just the engagement party. :)
Sunday was church, same old same old. Then I went with Tyne and Kayla to watch Michael's soccer game. After that I hit up the grocery store (not my favorite thing to do) and came home to study. We did boycott with just me, Krista, Michael, and Ethan and then headed home. It was a great weekend don't get me wrong but I missed Miles quite terribly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.