Thursday, May 31, 2012
I am an EDITOR
I am a film editor. For a few years now I have told people "I am studying film with an emphasis in editing." Now I am able to say, I am a tv editor for a public television station. This week has been a learning experience and also a testament to how much college actually pays off. What?? Did I just say that?! The CMI department has taught me editing, filming, and lighting skills. On my first day of work, I was thrown into editing on a program that I didn't know how to use, working with tv instead of movie which is a bit different, and put on a shoot. It was crazy to see all of this stuff in real life and not in a classroom. I was working with a bunch of hippie 40 year old men instead of punk ass 20 year olds. But I will say that I kicked butt. I was able to show that I know a ton about film and that I can work in a legitimate environment. Also it was crazy because I have only used Final Cut Pro for editing but have been studying from books Avid and Adobe Premiere. But I had never actually used them. This week all I have been doing is using Adobe and I have been able to work my way around it and impress my boss. It makes me so excited to know that I have made it into the industry even in just a small way. In fact, I have my first tv production credit this Sunday! This is crazy scary but really cool at the same time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.