Tuesday, February 12, 2013
I'm an Intern now!
Got the email on Friday that I am officially going to be an RUF Intern come Fall 2013. I still don't know which campus I will be placed at but I will by the end of next month. When I got the email, I re-read it like 30 times just to make sure I was reading it right. I'm so pumped and relieved. This has been a tiring process of paperwork, interviews, getting references, and tons of prayer. The prayer won't stop--if anything it's going to be double time until August; but all the other junk is done and I can breathe. I'm stoked out of my mind to know for sure what I am going to be doing after graduation, and I know that while it's probably not what I imagined I would be doing, I have no doubt that it's right.
This weekend was the RUF winter retreat, and man it was really nice to catch up with a lot of people. Sleep was rare and practically non-existent (which I paid for yesterday) but I got to have a lot of serious chats with people and also just be goofy and play games and relax. There was a night where Tessa and I were wiped out and went to go put on pjs, and as we were about to crawl in bed she was like, "No! I'm going out there! We are seniors, we can't go to bed at 11:30!" so we put on our glasses and a sweatshirt and went back out. I think we both are starting to feel the fact that this is it. We graduate in three months and it's just us. All the friends we came in with freshman year aren't joining us, but instead staying behind for another semester or two. It's a little bit of a bummer. All the dreams I had of us standing outside the Pan Am smiling in our caps and gowns together are out the window. But it's ok, I just keep reminding myself that these friends aren't just going to go away because I do. I think that's been the hardest lesson so far of growing up. That friends move away, they go on to bigger and better things. Soon we will all be getting married and having families and that's just going to be one more change. I remember when we all graduated high school and we sat in Lauren's living room as our last night together came to a close, and we just cried with no shame. It was awful leaving that first time, we had all never been a part for more than a week or two for four years, or with my best buddy, we hadn't been apart for like 16 years. But as college has passed, the leaving for different countries, families moving away, all that stuff has gotten easier. It still hurts like hell knowing that my friends aren't all a few blocks away. But I need to remember that they are a phone call away and I need to use that more often.
Change is good, it's just always too soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.