I went on my first blind friend date last night. As most people know I am moving to Utah come August and I won't know anyone when I move besides my campus minister and my co-intern. But yesterday, my intern was picking up one of her best friends from the airport who is currently living like 20mins outside of Salt Lake. She decided it would be a good idea for us to meet so that I will have a buddy in Salt Lake who isn't a student. We met up downtown and walked around for a bit and then headed to dinner at Zacatecas. It was a great night and we laughed and laughed and talked all about Utah and just got to know each other. It was a great blind friend date and I am super pumped that I will have someone in Utah to call up and hang out with. It was definitely a great way to finish up spring break and has gotten me really excited to move in August.
Overall Spring break has been decent. I got to take a lot of time to go shop with my family, eat out, and things of the sort. The sucky part is I have felt like I have homework always looming over my head. I have done way more studying than I would have liked to and once I get back to school it's back to the grind. I'm really ready to be done but I am also wanting to soak in these last precious weeks of school.
Saturday, March 30, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.