
We all know that one simple truth. Boys and girls are different. In every aspect of life. But the one that gets me is bathroom etiquette. Yes friends, I said it. Boys and girls have different rules when it comes to using a public restroom. I found this out a while ago and it made me laugh. There are rules that guys apparently follow while girls are more carefree. I'm gonna explore this subject a bit. Judge me if you will but here it goes.
Girls. When it comes to girls in going to the bathroom, we all know that we like to take a friend. It just makes the whole venture less awkward. If we are in mid conversation while walking in, we continue the conversation till we leave, even when we are in the stalls. Minus if it is a loud or majorly crowded bathroom. You get the picture. If we need toilet paper or something we will kinda just holler at our friend to hand some under the stall. No big. We chat, we primp, it's not a big deal. Just one of those things.
Guys on the other hand apparently have a much stricter way of doing things. I was talking to people about this the other day and from what I know there is like man code in the bathroom. First off, talking is frowned upon. I heard a guy once say "it isn't a coffee shop, you don't need to talk until you are at the sinks or out the door." What a strange concept. Second, there's such thing called respecting the buffer? Apparently the goal is to leave as much space as possible between yourself and fellow urinators. Take the corners first, take the middle last, and when it’s tight out there use the stall or come back later. Elbow contact should be avoided at all costs. Hahahaha how funny is that! And last but not least (and maybe there are more but these are the ones I remember) eye contact is forbidden so keep staring down that brick wall in front of you. If there’s a poster hanging above the urinal, it’s guaranteed that every word will be read at least three times. Hahah oh this never gets old. Like I get the no looking around thing cuz there really aren't stalls and such but this is just too funny. So yeah boys and girls. Different every way.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.