San Diego is where it is at my friends! I got the chance to go to Point Loma University for the weekend to spend time with one of my best buddies Claudia. We spent Friday, Monday, and Tuesday at her dorm chilling with her awesome friends from school, and then for Saturday and Sunday we went to Disneyland. First and foremost, there were so many laughs on that trip that I couldn't write them all down if I wanted to. But besides the laughs there was also a great deal of encouragement. It was crazy to see all of her friends and how much they love God. It almost felt like a church retreat with everyone telling each other that they are praying for each other, and just seeing how everything they did was in order to glorify God. That was really awesome and it was crazy to see just an entire campus come together like that. And then Disneyland was of course AMAZING. Like honestly it's just such a fascinating place. And being there this time without yacking my brains out was quite nice. Our hotel was like ten feet from the gates and it was just an overall fun experience. Plus driving back from Anaheim we got a smidge lost and got three miles from Tijuana. So I can officially say that I have seen ALL of southern California. Literally.
Since I have been back it's been a whirlwind of stuff. I went on a hike in the Sandias for a little date day, and I will say that was a first. I have found that through all of this I have been getting a lot of "firsts." Now I will preface this by saying I am in really good shape but for whatever reason I could not handle walking straight up the mountain side. I couldn't catch my breath to save my life and I was so very embarrassed. But once we got to the top and decided to just chill, it was really fun. Like it's funny how good it is just to chat with someone with a beautiful view surrounding you. Now I'm not really the hiking type but I think through all of this God is teaching me to get out of my comfort zone. Minus the gnarly sunburn I acquired, it was perfect. And as for today I had an all day meeting with the dentist (well it felt like all day) and then got a haircut. So it wasn't the most fun of days but it was necessary. As for tomorrow me and a few friends are all making a day trip to visit Michael, Austin, Tom, and Kyle. So that should be fun and I am really looking forward to it. I guess I will just have to wait and see how all that goes. But I know with those guys it's always an interesting time.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.