Sunday, November 27, 2011

Week long Vacation


I got to go out of the country for the first time this week. My family and I went to Seattle and Canada for Thanksgiving break. Now I for one don't like change, but this year has been a very large learning process of me saying ok change can be fun, just go with it. Normally my family would all come over for Thanksgiving we would eat, laugh, my aunts would get a little drunk, my uncle would stay for dinner and peace out, then my aunts would all gather around the table while everyone else was in the dining room, and by the end of the night at least one aunt would end up in tears and the other would plan out black friday shopping. It doesn't sound like much fun when I write it out and to be honest maybe it really wasn't. But it was tradition. I could depend on that. This year we went to Seattle to see the sites and such. We did the Space Needle, the museums, downtown, Pikes Place Market, a boat tour, went to Victoria Canada and much more. That was a lot of fun and Seattle is gorgeous. It's rainy all the time, and constantly overcast, but that's actually my favorite kind of weather. We had a few awkward run ins with security both flying out of Albuquerque and also leaving Seattle, but it all worked out. Needless to say I think my mom will check her purse next time we fly. The bummer of the week was that on Thanksgiving morning my body decided to have a freak out and I spent the whole day lying in bed, groaning and running to the bathroom to puke. I'm not sure if I had a bug or if it was something I ate, but it was a 24 hour deal (thankfully) and then the next couple days have been just getting my body to hold down food. My mom made thanksgiving meal yesterday since we didn't get one, and it was very tasty. Yesterday was quite a long day but perfect none the less. Boyfriend picked me up around 9:30 and we went and got twisters burritos! Then we came back here, looked through my vacation pics, ate thanksgiving meal, went to his house and hung out there till like 9 when I decided it was about time I call it a night. I missed that guy quite a lot this last week. I'm not excited to go back to school but it will be nice to be back on vacation in just two short weeks. It's finally starting to look a lot like Christmas. I just put up my little tree last night, decorated in Elvis ornaments and such. That's how I know the countdown is starting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.