Thursday, October 11, 2012

Unpredictable as the Wind

Last weekend was Balloon Fiesta and that means lots of friends! I brought back five girls and we all stayed at my (very generous) sister's apartment for the weekend. My mom made enough food for an army and we got to just take the weekend to hang out and have a good time. Friday night when everyone got into town we all came to my house, ate enchiladas, and then went to Miles' house for some hot tubbing/ swimming action. After that we called it a night semi-early since we were getting up around 3:30 the next morning for mass ascension. Unfortunately when we got to the field, the wind was too bad for any balloons to go up, so we just walked around and such until around 8 and then headed to frontier to get some burritos and sweet rolls. After that we were all insanely tired so we went home for a few hour nap (mid morning naps are my favorite by the way). The rest of the afternoon was filled with shopping at Uptown, eating a delicious dinner at my house, watching fireworks, making pumpkin milkshakes, and watching The Decedents. Sunday morning was similar but not everyone got up for round two of balloons. I had to work on Sunday, filming b-roll of people's reactions and such. I will say that even though I didn't get to spend much time with my friends as they walked around looking at balloons, it was really nice getting to take video and do it for something as big as the Balloon Fiesta. It was an incredible opportunity and I am so glad I got to take advantage of that. Not to mention I got a lot of free stuff and access into VIP tents which was pretty cool. Monday was mainly sleeping in and getting to relax--all of which were much needed. But I am just thankful that I took off of class and work just to have a re-coupe day. This week has been a little exhausting since but I am proud to say that I have no plans this weekend and will be doing a lot of homework and relaxing. Maybe watch a little football and just take it easy. My life has been on overdrive and I have a feeling it's only going to get crazier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.