Monday, October 1, 2012
Me? Camping?
Friday afternoon I went camping. I know, I know, it sounds crazy and frankly it's nutty that I signed up in the first place, but I made a promise to myself at the start of this semester that I wasn't going to miss out on anything. That I was gonna stop being a winey-baby and just suck it up and go with the flow.
Either way, me and five other people drove up to Bluff Springs for a two day camp out. I don't camp so this was new to me. Once we got there, it was raining cats and dogs. But we had to start setting up and getting stuff ready before the sun (or what little light we had left) went away. Besides the fact that it was pouring and we were soaking and cold, we also had to hike up to our campsite with all the gear. Bad news. It was a long night and super uncomfortable being soaking--and not just me but my pillow and sleeping bag too. Needless to say I froze my tushie off but awoke to the sun shining and birdies chirping on Saturday morning.
Saturday was the essence of relaxation and fun. I mean it really was a perfect day. I got a lot of sleep time in, after taking over Miles' hammock for a nap and got to read/ chat with a lot of people I haven't spent too much time with lately.
After the madness of this last week, it was beautiful to see such a time of rest and joy. I truly loved being out there despite that I smelt like campfire smoke and my hair was a wild mess due to the fact that it got rained on and then shoved in a beanie.
I take back what I have said about camping in the past. I can camp, I just choose not to--and for good reason. I think that for a one time thing it was really fun and I am glad I went but don't start calling me nature woman any time soon.
I still love air conditioning and running water.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.