Sunday, September 6, 2009
Surprise
I drove into town this weekend. It was a weird sort of familiar. Like when you realize suddenly what you miss. Sarah and I surprised everyone by just showing up at the dorms. Paige just about put a hole in the wall. Tara was clever and we didn't really shock her with our presence. Route 66 Diner is pretty much one of the best places on earth, mainly because it's fun and they have a milkshake called the Elvis. It doesn't get much better than that. Saturday my family and I all went to church and Dion's. It was a major bummer not having Claudia there...it just didn't feel right. I saw Matt and Ryan there though. Still wasn't the same. But today I got to see Ponyo. I will not lie, it was super funny. Odd...very odd and yet super funny. I'm glad I got to see Lauren and Travis. I missed them both. There are a few friends I didn't get to spend a whole lot of time with that I had wished I did. But I guess that's just a sign of all of us getting older and venturing out into this "new chapter." We all have these busy time crunched lives and have to fit in our family, friends, and what not. It makes it kinda hard. I'm glad I'm where I'm at right now. Though my life consists of going to classes, reading, watching movies, and hanging with a few new friends, I'm content. My stories aren't as fantastic or elaborate as some of my other friends who have stayed here...but I guess that's just life. We all move on huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.