Most days of the year are unremarkable. They begin and they end with no lasting memory made in between. Most days have no impact on the course of a life. May 23 was a Wednesday.
It's amazing how certain days and events stand out more than the rest. As of today, I have been alive for 6,830 days. Pretty interesting stuff huh? It's crazy to think that I have been alive this many days and I can only really recall a hand full of them. I can tell you bits a pieces of days I remember, people who I remember meeting, jokes I remember hearing. I just wish that I could remember more. This past year has brought a lot of memories for me. Some of which aren't so great and I wish I could forget, wish I could replace them with memories of days that seemed "unremarkable" but really had an effect on who I am and where I am now. I wake up, go through my routine, and expect nothing less than some laughs and what not. I couldn't tell you "well today I'm going to meet somebody that I'm going to care about for a very long time" or "today something extraordinary is going to happen and my world is going to change." These aren't things that regularly go through my mind and yet, at the end of the day I crawl in bed and think, "wow, that just happened." Tonight I go to bed thinking about how I have been alive for almost 7,000 days. In those thousands of days, I hope I have made a difference. I hope that I have done something worth remembering. That's all I ask for.
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.