
It's funny how fast weekends tend to go. I couldn't even tell you off the top of my head what we all did on Friday night. I think we all just watched a few hours of AFV and What Women Want. Yep that's pretty much it. But it wasn't a bad night by any means. Saturday sucked a lot because I was filming for a CMI project ALL day (literally from 2 pm to 10 pm) and then after finishing filming my friends all drug me to see The Eagle with Channing Tatum. Now if that man wasn't so dang gorgeous I would have been very very disappointed with the movie selection. I definitely think seeing True Grit would have been better but whatever. Anyhow Sunday started off with it's normal church stuff and then we had a few hours to kill before we all went to a kayaking session. So basically all my guy friends, and a few girls I know, took a kayaking class this semester which I would have taken with them but one of my editing classes got in the way of the time (which is fine with me because I love my editing class). But their final is a big trip to Taos to do some real kayaking but before they get into a real river they have to learn what's called rolling so if they flip their kayak they can roll back over without having to wet exit the kayak. I took kinda a crash course in all this today so I sound smarter than I am about the subject. Anyhow the guys were like you should go, so me deciding to get out of my comfort zone again, decided to go. I have never been in a kayak before and I didn't realize that you have to wear this goofy "wet skirts" that basically create a seal between you and the boat. So you have this skirt on that you bungee around the boat and once that's on you and the boat are basically one. So when you flip over you have to learn how to "wet exit" otherwise you drown. Once I got my wet skirt on the teacher guy was all ok now you need to learn to wet exit so I'm gonna push your boat into the pool and I need you to flip yourself, count to five, and then wet exit. And I was like "....uhhhhh ok." So he pushed me in and I took a second to psych myself up and flipped. Once you are upside down in water everything is so disorienting--which is why he had me count to five, it's the magic don't panic number. After learning to wet exit it was smooth sailing form there. We paddled around and played tag, and I got to watch my friends show off their learned skills in rolling and such. Miles is literally the poster boy for how to roll a kayak. I swear there is nothing that boy can't do. It was a lot of fun and now I can say I have kayaked in a pool before. Not nearly as cool as a river but still. Then we showered off, boycotted Taos by going for pizza, and finished the night with watching Tangled.
Now real quick funny story. I guess when I texted Michael that Miles and I had put in Tangled, he assumed my room. So I guess my suite mate's door was open and they asked her if they could go through our bathroom to try to scare us. Being funny, my suite mate agreed, and Michael and Courtney busted through my bathroom door only to find that Miles nor I were there, but only my roommate watching tv. So they freaked her out a bit and we all got a good laugh later lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.