Monday, May 16, 2011

A beautiful week


I just got back from the RUF Summer Conference. There is so much to say about this past week that I literally can't write it all down without it turning into a huge novel. So here are the highlights. As a driver, I drove about 29 out of the 46 total hours it took to get there. When we first got to Florida we spent a day at Tere's beach house which was gorgeous and so much fun just to relax and enjoy the company of others. Then we drove to the RUF conference and got the week started. We all had seminars to go to during the day and the first two I went to were terribly frustrating and boring, but the last two I feel like I learned a lot from. After the seminars finished around 11, we got to all have free time where we could play on the beach or whatever we please. During this time I got a lot of tanning in (yes I actually have a really good tan) and got to play around in the water. I also got to go on a sail boat with one of my best buddies Sarah. The week was filled with lots of beach time and hanging out with friends. Miles and I also got a few nights where we could walk on the beach with just us and chat which was really good. The campus was beautiful. The seminars were thought provoking and encouraging. But most of all it was a time of growth for NMSU's RUF branch. I feel like when you stick 25 people together for a week everyone gets to learn more about each other and grow as a unit. I went in with my concerns but came out with a better appreciation for the group that God put together. Overall it was an incredible week and I am so happy that I was able to go to the conference. It was the best way to kick off my summer. Now I am back home for the summer, praying that God provides me with a job. I get my tonsils out on Wednesday as well so that should be interesting. I am really bummed though that I probably won't be able to go to the Pirates 4 premiere since it is on Thursday. I really want to go and it will be sad sitting at home knowing all my buddies are there. I'm not gonna lie it is bumming me out.
Pirates holds a lot of memories for me. It was one of the best premieres I have ever been to...seems like a long time ago looking back. Just when I think I have let go of memories and such, I fall right back into that hole.
I have this part of me that tells me I am exactly where I need to be. I trust that God has it under control and know that his timing is perfect. And yet I am filled with moments like now when the other part of my heart just doesn't know what it wants. It would all be simpler if I had a job to keep me busy and if this summer just went by quickly. I know it will seeing as it already has been. 46 hours of driving and five days in Florida were enough for me to kick off summer. I should be happy. I'm not sad though. I think right now I'm just too tired to feel anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.