
I have always had this ridiculous love-hate relationship with summer. But for so many reasons this year is worse. I started out this summer with a trip to Florida with friends. That trip was so amazing and on these past few weeks I have been looking back on it because the memories just make me so happy. Long late night walks on the beach, hours of worship and growing in my faith, and getting a rockin' tan (yes my friends I was a golden goddess when I got back). Then I had two weeks of tonsil hell. I'm still not 100% back to normal, but I can finally eat food again. Needless to say, it was a horrible process but now I will never have to deal with tonsil problems for the rest of my life and I couldn't be happier about it.
But here is where the not diggin' summer part comes in: a lot of my friends are gone this summer. Claudia and her family no longer live in the 505 so that has been such a major bummer. I miss the Iglesias clan more than words. Sarah, Susan, and Maggie are all in DC doing internships so they won't be back until probably early to mid July. Lauren is back in Texas doing summer school which is totally lame. The rest of my friends that are here all have jobs or don't really exist anyway. I still need a job and have been getting slightly worried. I don't want to sit on my lazy bum all summer and I really need the money. I know that God has it in control and that I just need to be patient. But being patient sucks and I am so very bored. Like literally bored out of my mind. I don't really have anyone to hang out with, it would be obnoxious to spend every waking moment with the boyfriend so I am avoiding doing that, and my sister no longer lives here so I don't even have her to bug. It's me and my needy little dog so far.
It's so sad to think about, but the only date that I am looking forward to this summer is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 2 premiere in July. But July seems so far away. I know that I write that now and it will be here before I know it. I never thought I would say it, but I miss school. I miss having a schedule and stuff to keep me busy. Plus I am looking forward to my future roomies and getting back to RUF. But I am thankful to have a little break. I need time to breathe and to sleep in and watch mass amounts of tv. So that's my summer so far. It's still May by the way. It seems like it should already be June, but this month has been going very slowly. It happens I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.