Friday, November 23, 2012
Bottle, Fester, Explode
Being home hasn't been the best thing. I mean I love getting a break off from school and getting some time with my family, but since I got into town on Friday everyone has been on edge and bickering or crying all the time. My family isn't normally like this, and I'm not really sure why lately has just been bad. We get together for more than four hours and suddenly everyone is mad at everyone.
I have come to realize over this last week that my family has a very poor way of handling issues. We bottle, fester, and then explode. Instead of talking about the issue at hand, or saying hey you hurt my feelings let's work this out, we all bottle it up until the point where it becomes this super sore spot and then something small, even unrelated, can pour salt on the wound and cause it to blow up. I do this, and I have come to realize that over this time. Unfortunately, last Thursday, boyfriend and I decided to take a bit of a break and this week was going to be a time to just sit and reflect on all the junk that had been bogging down our relationship. I had this epiphany that I bottle things up--when I am upset I say that nothing's wrong in attempts to let it go but in reality let it grow and cause a bigger problem. My oh my I wonder where I have learned this particular trait. Either way it's something that I think is very important to change, and I plan on making every effort to make this not an issue in my life or relationships.
It's been good to reflect, it's been good to rest. But I'm ready to go back to school. Finish out this semester right, and just get it done.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.